Information

Information

작성자 관리자 작성일20-09-15 15:09 조회3,783회 댓글0건

본문

1. TED 동영상 강의

▶ How to make stress your friend

2. TED Eng Script / TED 영어 스크립트

6416784744ff59b4aeb460d433deabee_1600150

People who experienced a lot of stress but did not view stress as harmful were no more likely to die. In fact, they had the lowest risk of dying of anyone in the study, including people who had relatively little stress.

→ view: 견해, 관점/ ~라고 여기다. / be more likely to: ~더욱 ~할 것 같다. / no more likely to: ~더 이상 그럴것 같지 않다. / the lowest: 가장 낮은

해석>> 많은 스트레스를 경험했지만, 스트레스를 해롭게 생각하지 않은 사람들은 사망과 관련이 적었습니다. 오히려 그들은 이 연구에서 사망 확률이 가장 낮은 사람들이었습니다. 거의 스트레스를 받지 않은 사람들을 포함해서 말입니다.

Now that you're sufficiently demoralized, time for part two: a math test. And unbeknownst to you, the experimenter has been trained to harass you during it.

→ demoralize: 사기를 꺾다, 의기소침하게 만들다. / unbeknownst to: ~가 모르는 사이에 / harass: 괴롭히다.

해석>> 이제 여러분들은 아주 의기소침해졌겠죠. 두번째 부분은 수학시험입니다. 이건 여러분들에게 매우 생소한거죠. 실험자는 여러분들이 이걸 하는 동안 여러분들을 괴롭히도록 훈련받았습니다.

That pounding heart is preparing you for action. If you're breathing faster, it's no problem. It's getting more oxygen to your brain.

→ pounding: 쿵쾅거리는 소리,

해석>> 쿵쾅거리는 심장은 여러분의 행동을 준비시키고 있는 겁니다. 호흡이 빨라지셨다면, 그것은 문제가 되지 않습니다. 뇌에 산소를 더 공급하는 것이니까요.

Over a lifetime of stressful experiences, this one biological change could be the difference between a stress-induced heart attack at age 50 and living well into your 90s. And this is really what the new science of stress reveals, that how you think about stress matters.

→ stress-induced: 스트레스 유발 / reveals: 드러내다, 밝히다, 폭로하다.

해석>> 스트레스를 많이 받는 인생에서 이 생물학적 변화 하나가 50세에 스트레스로 인한 심장마비를 맞는 것과 90세까지 건강하게 사는 것의 차이일 수 있습니다. 그리고 이 새로운 '스트레스의 과학'이 밝혀낸 것은 스트레스에 대해 어떻게 생각하느냐가 중요하다는 것입니다.

Now I said I have over a decade of demonizing stress to redeem myself from, so we are going to do one more intervention. I want to tell you about one of the most under-appreciated aspects of the stress response, and the idea is this: Stress makes you social.

→ demonizing: 악마로 만들다(묘사하다) / redeem: 결함을 보완하다/ 상쇄하다. / intervention: 개입

under-appreciated aspects: 과소평가된 측면

해석>> 이제 저는 지난 10년이 넘도록 스트레스를 악마로 만들어 왔다고 말했습니다. 스트레스로 부터 우리 자신을 구하기 위해 우리는 한가지 더 개입을 하고자 합니다. 그리고 그 핵심은 이렇습니다. 스트레스는 여러분을 사회적으로 만듭니다.

Your pituitary gland pumps this stuff out as part of the stress response. It's as much a part of your stress response as the adrenaline that makes your heart pound. And when oxytocin is released in the stress response, it is motivating you to seek support. Your biological stress response is nudging you to tell someone how you feel, instead of bottling it up.

→ pituitary: 뇌하수치 / gland: 분비선, 샘 / pumps

해석>> 여러분의 뇌하수치는 스트레스 반응의 하나로 이 물질을 방출합니다. 이는 아드레날린이 사람의 심장을 뛰게 하는 것 같이 스트레스 반응의 일부입니다. 그리고 옥시토신이 스트레스 반응으로 분비될 때 그 사람을 지지해 줄 대상을 찾도록 자극합니다. 여러분의 생물학적 스트레스 반응은 여러분이 느끼는 바를 다른 이에게 말하도록 자극합니다.

위스콘신대학교 한국대표