Information

Information

작성자 관리자 작성일20-09-25 18:55 조회3,412회 댓글0건

본문

1. TED 동영상 강의

▶ How to get your ideas to spread

bdb6b58c91fd786f84e03f32113680e5_1601027

2. TED 영어단어 / 숙어 공부하기

And it doesn't matter to me whether you're running a coffee shop or you're an intellectual, or you're in business, or you're flying hot air balloons. I think that all this stuff applies to everybody regardless of what we do.

→ applies to : ~에 적용하다/ an intellectual: 지식인 / in business: 사업을 하다

해석>> 당신이 커피숍을 운영하든, 지식인이든 아니면 사업을 하단, 혹은 열기구를 날리든 관계없이, 나는 우리가 무엇을 하든지 우리가 하는 것들은 모든 사람들에게 적용이 되어야 하는 것이라고 생각한다.

And my parable here is you're driving down the road and you see a cow, and you keep driving because you've seen cows before. Cows are invisible. Cows are boring. Who's going to stop and pull over and say -- "Oh, look, a cow." Nobody.

→ parable : 우화 / drive down: 드라이브 하다 / invisible: 보이지 않는, 볼 수 없는/ pull over: 한쪽길로 차를 세우다

해석>> 여기서 한가지 우화를 소개하면, 당신이 길을따라 운전을 하고 가다가 소를 한마라 발견하면, 당신은 이전에 소를 이미 본적이 있기 때문에, 무시하고 그냥 운전을 계속 할 것입니다. 소가 보이지 않고, 소가 지루하다고 누가 차를 한켠에 세우고 "오, 봐봐! 소를 " 이라고 할 사람은 아무도 없습니다.

It was neat; it was remarkable; and slowly, it spread from one person to another person until finally, it became the official bread of three-star restaurants in Paris. Now he's in London, and he ships by FedEx all around the world.

→ neat: 깔끔하다, remarkable: 놀랍다

해석>> 이것은 깔끔했고, 놀라웠고, 느렸습니다. 그리고 마침내 한사람 한사람에게 퍼져나가, 파리에서 공식 3성 레스토랑이 되었습니다. 이제 그는 런던에서 그리고 전세계적으로 FedEx를 통해 선적해서 퍼져나갑니다.

But in a world where the TV-industrial complex is broken, I don't think that's a strategy we want to use any more. I think the strategy we want to use is to not market to these people because they're really good at ignoring you.

→ Complex: 단지/ to not ~ V : V동사 하지 않는 것

해석>> TV산업 단지가 중단된 시대에, 나는 더 이상 우리가 사용하고 싶은 전략이 아니라고 생각합니다. 나는 우리가 사용하기를 원하는 전략은 이 사람들에게 마케팅을 하지 않는것이라고 생각합니다. 왜냐하면 그들은 당신을 무시하는 전략을 매우 잘하기 때문입니다.

It costs 35 percent more than regular paint because Dutch Boy made a can that people talk about, because it's remarkable. They didn't just slap a new ad on the product; they changed what it meant to build a paint product.

→ slap: 철썩 때리다, 깨뜨리다 / remarkable: 놀랄만한, 놀라운, 주목할 만한

더치보이(Dutch Boy)가 사람들이 말하는 캔을 만들었기 때문에, 일반 페인트 보다 35%가 더 비쌉니다.

그들은 단지 상품에 새로운 광고를 찍는 것이 아니라, 페인트 제품을 만드는 것이 의미하는 바를 변화시켰습니다.  

위스콘신대학교 한국대표

02. 548. 0570