Information

Information

작성자 관리자 작성일20-09-29 18:29 조회3,332회 댓글0건

본문

1. TED 동영상 강의

▶ The Power of Introverts

7028af24e365d53ba0cd0e2137672f44_1601371

2. TED 영어공부 - 영단어/숙어

Yeah. So I couldn't figure out for the life of me why we were supposed to be so rowdy, or why we had to spell this word incorrectly.

→ figure out: 이해하다 / rowdy: 소란스러운, 소동을 벌이는 /

해석>> 나는 왜 우리가 그렇게 소란스럽게 해야 했는지, 아직도 모르겠어요. 그리고 왜 철자를 잘못썼는지도요.

But I recited a cheer. I recited a cheer along with everybody else. I did my best. And I just waited for the time that I could go off and read my books.

→ recited a cheer: / along with: ~와 함께 / go off: ~

해석>> 하지만 그 응원을 다른 사람들과 반복해서 했습니다. 최선을 다해서 말이죠, 그리고 자리를 떠나서 책을 읽을 수 있는 시간이 오기를 기다렸습니다.

But for years I denied this intuition, and so I became a Wall Street lawyer, of all things, instead of the writer that I had always longed to be -- partly because I needed to prove to myself that I could be bold and assertive too.

→ denied: 거부했다. / intuition: 직관 / long to be: 바라는 / bold: 용감하고 / assertive: 적극적

해석>> 하지만 수년간 이런 저의 직관을 거부했죠, 그래서 저는 오랫동안 바래왔던 작가의 길을 가는 대신 월스트리트이 변호사가 되었습니다. 제가 용감하고 적극적이었다는 것을 증명할 필요도 일부는 있었습니다.

So extroverts really crave large amounts of stimulation, whereas introverts feel at their most alive and their most switched-on and their most capable when they're in quieter, more low-key environments.

→ crave: 갈망하다 / switched on: 새로운 것들에 밝은, 신나하는 / low-key: 많은 이목을 끌지 않도록 억제된

해석>> 그래서 외향적인 사람들은 많은 사회적 자극들을 갈망합니다. 반면에 내성적인 사람들은 조용하고, 절제된 환경에서 가장 생동감이 있고, 자신의 최대 능력이 나오는 것을 느낍니다.

Even about seemingly personal and visceral things like who you're attracted to, you will start aping the beliefs of the people around you without even realizing that that's what you're doing.

→ visceral: 강한 감정에 따른, 본능적인 / ape: 원숭이, 겨우 흉내만 내다 / aping: 흉내를 내다

해석>> 여러분이 끌리는 사람들 처럼 외모상으로나 본능적인 것에 대해서도, 여러분들이 무슨 생각을 하고 있는지도 모르면서, 여러분 주위 사람들을 흉내내기 시작합니다.

He would takes the fruits of each week's reading and he would weave these intricate tapestries of ancient and humanist thought.

→ weave: 짜다, 짜서 만들다 / intricate: 복잡한 / tapestries: 태피스트리(여러가질 실로 짜 넣은 직물)

해석>> 매주 독서 시간에 과일을 가지고 오셔서 고대 인문주의자들의 생각의 천을 짜 맞추셨습니다.

So I wish you the best of all possible journeys and the courage to speak softly.

→ courage: 용기 / speak softly: 부드럽게 말하다.

해석>> 그래서 여러분들에게 가능한 모든 여정에서 최선을 다하기 바라고, 부드럽게 말하는 용기를 가지기 바랍니다.  

위스콘신대학교 한국대표